Don Bosco (St. John Bosco) was inspired to create a vast movement of persons to bring the Gospel of Jesus to young people and to work for their benefit. Don Bosco founded:
Salesian News and Featured Articles
- Italy - "How can you forget ...?" The indelible memory of a battered Syria in the words of Br Pettenon
- Syria - The difficult hours that Damascus is experiencing
- South Sudan - Education: the weapon to prevent any conflict
- Papua New Guinea – First historical issue of PGS Salesian Bulletin
- Democratic Republic of the Congo - When just surviving is your life's routine: the story of Gentille
- El Salvador - To help each young person discover God's will: First Meeting of Vocational Animation Network
- Syria - The bombings stop the activities of Salesian oratory in Damascus
- Spain - The young Salesians of Project Europe walk the "Camino de Santiago"
- India – Extraordinary Visitation by Fr Maria Arokiam Kanaga in Salesian Province of New Delhi
- RMG - Relocation of Salesian Historical Institute and Salesian Central Archive
- Spain – "Open our hearts to the refugees": Salesians welcome young refugees
- Italy – "I care about you". In support of "invisible" foreign minors
- Italy – Gunshots fired against “Don Bosco 2000 Association” migrant reception center
- Australia – Scripture scholar starts Lectio Divina Podcast
- Azerbaijan - Episcopal ordination of the first Bishop of Azerbaijani Church: Msgr. Vladimír Fekete, SDB
- Brazil - Second oldest Salesian in the Congregation celebrates 75 years of priesthood: Fr Klinick
- UN – Salesian Family members participate in a Youth Employment Event
- Paraguay - Mgr. Gabriel Escobar, SDB: "The deterioration of public life ... which is slowly destroying young people and children continues to worry us"
- United States - Thank you, Fr Arthur, because with you many have rediscovered Don Bosco! "Arthur Lenti. Memory, presence and hope"
- Vietnam – Consecration of new Church dedicated to Don Bosco
Reflections on Salesian Connections by Fr. Francis (Francesco) Piccollo
Introduced by Fr. Michael Ribotta, SDB
A young boy stole bread from Don Bosco and in turn, Don Bosco stole his heart for God. A Salesian vocation story worth retelling...
(A short story about Don Bosco's life and his Mission To Love)
St. John Bosco began his ministry to youth in 1841. Today the Salesians continue that ministry for young people in schools, parishes, and youth centers throughout the world. Are you thinking of a religious vocation?